Saturday 3rd July
We're lucky this week - as if the weather is less than glorious - we'll just move down to the candlelit beauty of The Mowbray! If the sun is shining and nice and warm - we'll stay Up On The Roof!
Mowbray-made Focaccia with extra virgin olive oil (v, g) £3.50
Courgette fritters, herb soured cream (v, g) £4.50
Nocerella olives, marinated with lemon & rosemary (v) £2
House-spiced almonds & cashews (v) £3
Plates from the Kitchen
Shetland mussels, with white wine garlic & parsley. With house-made bread (g) £10
Whole burrata with grilled apricots & basil oil (v) £10
Isle of Wight tomatoes with basil, sherry vinegar & rocket (v) £6
Pan roasted coley fillet with spiced crab butter & watercress £tbc
Chargrilled shetland squid with chorizo & garlic aioli £9
Roast chicken, leek & tarragon pie with roasted new season carrots (g) £10
Fresh pasta with broad beans, rocket & parmesan (v, g) £9
Skinny house fries (v) £4
Grilled gem lettuce, ranch dressing, focaccia croutons (v, g) £4
Spiced corn on the cob with chipotle & lime mayo & fresh coriander (v) £4.50
Pastel de Nata - our own recipe for Portuguese custard tarts (v, g) £2.50 each
Roast white chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream (v, g) £6.50
(v)=vegetarian (g)=contains gluten (n)=contains nuts
Please note not all allergens are indicated here so please speak to a member of staff for more information
Mowbray Classics - Each £8.50
‘Up On The Roof’ Margarita
House infused Kaffir Tequila, citrus and orange liqueur
Our signature Summer rooftop sipper... We’ve infused Kaffir Lime Leaf into our Tequila, softly adding a new layer to this heady lemony cloud of pure pleasure...One of our favourite sips for alfresco perfection.
London Dry Gin, Martini Rosso Vermouth and Campari Bitter
Served as close to perfection as the iconic classic Italian Aperitif. We like ours tantalisingly bittersweet, packing a punch to hit the spot
London Dry Gin, Lillet Blanc Vermouth & Pink Grapefruit Zest
The ultimate cocktail - we’re serving our Martini ‘wet’ - the way we like it - with an extra bit of vermouth to lift the gin making it a little lighter for the spring and summer months, but retaining the sophistication matched with this short but strong classic.
Fresh espresso made using Darkwoods Under Milk Wood blend, Kahlua & Vodka
The ultimate after dinner cocktail - rich, indulgent and creamy - perfect to jolt you awake with it's boozy magical powers.
We have brewed our Espresso to perfection using our favourite Darkwoods blend with caramel notes to give you the ultimate smooth taste sensation.
Bloom - £8.50
Pimm's No 1, Rose Lemonade, Mowbray Made Mint, Cucumber and Wild Flower Syrup
Our take on the nation's favourite brings all the flavours of the cutting garden and allotment into a fresh, fragrant twist on the classic Pimm’s Cup.
Bloom Sheffield is working with us to create a beautiful floral feast for the senses in a rooftop garden takeover! Keep an eye on our vintage planters over the next few months as they grow!
Bloom is not for profit-social enterprise rooted as a community flower garden in Heeley for women and girls - promoting positive mental health through therapeutic horticulture. We're gifting a percentage of each drink enjoyed to Bloom.
Vodka, Passionfruit Liqueur, topped with prosecco and fresh passionfruit
The drink in everyone’s hand this Summer! Fruity, bubbly and the prettiest of hues. This is Summer in a glass for anyone who wants to let their hair down post lockdown!
The Mowberry V2
Ginger infused vodka, raspberry liqueur, Lunetta prosecco, garnished with fresh raspberries and mint.
We've pimped up the original Mowberry with some deliciously fresh ginger infused vodka and dressed it up with some sprigs of mint grown right here on our rooftop
Aperol, Prosecco and soda water
Needs no introduction! Classic Italian loveliness - served up just the way it’s meant to be. Iconic perfection dating all the way back to the 1900’s and still a serious rooftop garden essential today!
Aperol Crodino £4
All of the Aperol gorgeousness that you crave on a sunny rooftop but with none of the alcohol!
Served over ice with a slice of fresh orange, this non-alcoholic Italian aperitif is intensely citrusy with vanilla-like notes and a spicy finish.
The perfect flavour that gives all of the sensations of a cocktail but without the booze!
Prices listed are a single measure including your choice of Franklin & Son’s Tonic - Indian / Mallorcan / Elderflower & Cucumber
Double up for £1.50!
Sheffield Gin £8
Dry Gin / Raspberry & Pomegranate / Marmalade
Warner’s Rhubarb Gin £7.5
Malfy Gin £7.5
Lemon / Blood Orange / Grapefruit
HOUSE // El Blanco de Lela del Mar
Sauvignon / Spain / 12%
£6.00 175ml glass / £7.50 250ml glass / £18.50 bottle
Felicette Grenache Blanc (Ve)
Grenache / France / 12.5%
£24 bottle only
Chenin Blanc / South Africa / Organic / 13%
£32 bottle only
Mica Vinho Verde
Portugal / Organic / Biodynamic / 11%
£36 bottle only
Domaine Michel Sancerre (Ve)
Sancerre / France / 13%
£40 bottle only
HOUSE // El Tinto de Lela del Mar
Tempranillo / Spain / 13%
£6.00 175ml glass / £7.50 250ml glass / £18.50 bottle
Tempranillo / Portugal / 13%
£24 bottle only
Primitivo / Italy / 14%
£30 bottle only
Dandelion Shiraz (Ve)
Barossa Valley / South Australia / Multi Award Winning
£38 bottle only
HOUSE // Ancora Rose
Pinot Grigio Rose / Italy
£6.00 175ml glass / £7.50 250ml glass /£18.50 bottle
Reserve de Gassac Rose (Ve)
Languedoc rosé / France / 12%
£30 bottle only
Lunetta Prosecco (Ve)
Italy / 11%
£7 125ml glass / £30 bottle
The Wren Reserve English Sparkling
Herefordshire / 10.5%
£45 bottle only
Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut Champagne
France / 12%
£65 bottle only
Beer & Cider
Estrella Damm £5 pint // DRAUGHT
Lager / Spain / 4.6%
Serenity £5 // CAN
Session IPA / Abbeydale Brewery / 3.8%
Five Rivers £4.5 // BOTTLE
Session IPA / Sheffield Brewery / 3.8%
Common Grounds £4.6 // CAN
Coffee Porter / Magic Rock Brewery / 5.4%
Pale Rider £4.5 // BOTTLE
Pale Ale / Kelham Island Brewery / 5.2%
Riedenburger Brauhaus £3.5 // BOTTLE
Organic Lager / 0.5%
Weston’s Wyld Wood £4.8 // BOTTLE
Organic Apple Cider / 6%
Rekorderlig £4.8 // BOTTLE
Strawberry & Lime / 4.0%
Rose Lemonade / Ginger Beer / Mandarin & Seville Orange Jigger
Frobishers Orange Juice £2.5
Coca Cola / Diet Coke / Lemonade £2.5 Half / £3 Pint
A massive thank you to the ever wonderful Danni Maibaum for capturing 'Up On The Roof' so beautifully - and thank you to our fantastic guests for making these captures even more special than we could have imagined!
The Mowbray Covid-19 Charter
The information below summarises what we are doing to minimise the spread of Coronavirus at The Mowbray and The Chimney House and what we ask our customers to do to keep themselves, others and our staff safe - further details can be found on our website.
We are taking the below steps incredibly seriously and we ask that you do too.
Please be patient - we are adapting to this ‘new normal’ and keeping our guests and staff safe is super important to us!
What we are asking of our guests:
- You must not attend any event at The Mowbray or The Chimney House if you or anyone in your party have symptoms of Covid-19 - if you become unwell during the event please inform a member of our team immediately.
- In line with new regulations each group should check in either by scanning the NHS QR code poster displayed or by providing their contact details. ( Previously only the lead member of the group needed to provide this and it is a new change).
- You must wear face coverings when moving around the venue, except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Our staff will also be wearing face coverings as we have been since we opened!
- Your table is yours for lunch or dinner! It has been cleaned and set for you. Please do not touch other tables/chairs and place settings and be respectful of our other guests.
- Please stay at your designated table during your booking, so that we can avoid clusters of people around the venue.
- Try to minimise touching surfaces/objects unnecessarily and use the provided hand sanitiser gel.
- If you need to use the toilets please follow the marked areas for queuing. Please sanitise your hands using the alcohol gel provided before & after visiting the toilet, as well as washing your hands whilst in the bathroom. Please follow the instructions for leaving the bathroom via the signs in place.
- The disabled toilet at The Mowbray is for use by disabled guests and staff only - please do not use this facility unless you have to.
- In The Mowbray - we have identified that the corridor leading to the toilets/ terrace is a ‘pinch point’ where it may be difficult to maintain social distancing. Please help by:
- Staying left when walking through the corridor and queuing for the toilets in the sign posted area, maintaining social distancing
- Wearing a face covering when you need to leave your table, if you can
- Food and drink will be served as table-service only. The bar will not be open as usual and we will not be accepting cash payments. A single member of staff will be responsible for drinks dispensed from the bar.
- If you would like to order any other alcoholic or soft drinks a member of staff will take your order at the table and you will be able to settle your tab by card at the bar if required at the end of the meal.